On September 11, 1992, Hurricane Iniki hit the island of Kauai, causing nearly 2 billion dollars in damage. Among the businesses affected was a small screenprint shop. All of the white shirts waiting to be printed were drenched with water and stained with the red dirt blown in from the storm. In order to save the business, the resulting t-shirts, stained with the ultra iron-rich soil, were sold as "souvenirs" of the hurricane, and a dirt dyeing process was born.
Today, each dirt shirt is dyed with 100% pure red dirt and results in a shirt with the soft feel of velvet and the look of fine cognac. Just like your favorite pair of jeans, the rich color of your shirt will gradually fade over time, resulting in a beautiful buckskin color.
Wear a Hawaiian red dirt shirt, and you'll never be far from paradise!
- Diamond Longboard from $ 24.99
- Older than Dirt from $ 24.99
- Relax Island Chain from $ 24.99
- Hawaiian Islands from $ 24.99
- Old School Wood from $ 24.99
- Salty Van from $ 24.99
- Tapa Humu from $ 24.99
- Petro Honu from $ 24.99
- Sunrise to Sunset from $ 24.99
- Fiery Sunset from $ 24.99
- Road Warrior from $ 24.99